Tip: It is critical that during your phone installation for your business; that the phone company run lines from the phone block to wherever your CallerID is going to be placed and that they have allocated as many phone lines you need. - Best practices is to label those phone lines with the actual phone number and install the CallerID along with the rest of the equipment close to the phone outlets.
Step 1 - Equipment Checklist:To get started; you will first need to make sure you have all the appropriate items. You will need the following.
- POS CallerID Box:
- Phone Line Cables: One for each line you will have.
Step 2 - Setup The CallerId Box:Locate your CallerID in the shipment sent from Granbury. Remove all the contents from the box and set aside the documentation and disk in a safe place just in case you need them in the future.
Some boxes support only 4 lines, some support more. In this example you can see that the box supports up to 4 individual phone lines.
- Plug the power cord into the back of the box > Plug it into the battery backup.
- Locate the Ethernet cable that came in the
box and plug it into the Ethernet to LAN port on the back of the box.
- Run the other side of the Ethernet cable to the Switch that you previously setup.
Note: You can run a CallerID box to either a router or a switch however in this case we are using the switch to help boost the signal.
Step 3 - Phone Lines:Now that you have your CallerID box installed and the rest of the network setup you can plug in your phone lines.
- Locate the phone outlets in the wall.
- Run one end of the phone line to the wall and the other to the back of the CallerID box.
This concludes the hardware install portion of your self install. From here you can check your task list to see what the next step is, or you can navigate to the next portion of our Start Here program and work on configuring your system.