To view the Income Summary report, navigate to Manager > Reports > Sales > Income Summary
Select the date range you wish to view and click Generate.
The top section of the report provides data broken down by order type:
The columns report the following data:
- Number of Orders
- Order Total (This is gross sales, not including tax, delivery fee or tip)
- Discount Total (The total discounts and coupons subtracted from the order total)
- Tax Total (Total taxes collected)
- Fees Total (Total delivery fees collected)
- Tips Retained (Any tips that were added to tickets but not paid out to servers or drivers)
- Other Total (Includes misc. charges)
- Income Total (The sum of all these columns)
Note: This is NOT the same as total sales, as it includes taxes and tips retained. It represents a total of money collected (Not counting tips paid out).
- Average Ticket: The ticket average is calculating by adding the Order Total, Fees Total, Other Income, and Discount Total, then dividing by the # of tickets. Taxes and tips don't count
- % of Sales: Shows the breakdown of % of sales by order type.
Tip: The hourly breakdown is showing a "business day" of data. So if you run the report for August 5, and your business hours keep you open until 2:00 AM. the 1-2 AM sales on this report will have actually occurred on August 6, but are part of the August 5 business day.
Use the buttons at the bottom of the report to Print or Export this report.