To view the Income Summary report, navigate to Manager > Reports > Sales > Income Summary
Select the date range you wish to view and click Generate.
The top section of the report provides data broken down by order type:
The columns report the following data:
- Number of Orders
- Order Total (This is gross sales, not including tax, delivery fee or tip)
- Discount Total (The total discounts and coupons subtracted from the order total)
- Tax Total (Total taxes collected)
- Fees Total (Total delivery fees collected)
- Tips Retained (Any tips that were added to tickets but not paid out to servers or drivers)
- Other Total (Includes misc. charges)
- Income Total (The sum of all these columns)
Note: This is NOT the same as total sales, as it includes taxes and tips retained. It represents a total of money collected (Not counting tips paid out).
- Average Ticket: The ticket average is calculating by adding the Order Total, Fees Total, Other Income, and Discount Total, then dividing by the # of tickets. Taxes and tips don't count
- % of Sales: Shows the breakdown of % of sales by order type.
Tip: The hourly breakdown is showing a "business day" of data. So if you run the report for August 5, and your business hours keep you open until 2:00 AM. the 1-2 AM sales on this report will have actually occurred on August 6, but are part of the August 5 business day.
Use the buttons at the bottom of the report to Print or Export this report.
Got questions you can't find the answer to here? Let us know so we can improve the help system!