To set your preferences for delivery navigate to Configuration > Order Types >Delivery
- Minimum Order Amount: Allows you to specify a minimum $ amount that is required in order to qualify an order for delivery. If this $ amount is not achieved, the "Delivery" button will be disabled.
Tip: If you have no minimum required, enter 0 in this field.
- Valid Delivery Time: Allows you to specify a time of day that is valid for delivery. Times must be entered in an HH:MM format, and the end time must be after that start time.
Tip: If you deliver anytime; set the valid times to your open and close times or to 12:01am to 12:00pm.
- Verify Delivery Area: If checked, the system will only allow delivers to addresses deemed valid in the street database.
Tip: This restriction can be overridden by employees with the proper security.
- Delivery Area Method: Allows you to use the street database as a way of tracking delivery areas and millage or Google maps.
- Delivery Charge Method: This field allows you to specify what type of fees you wish to charge your customers for delivery. Options include:
o None: No delivery charge applies
o Flat Fee: A flat $ fee is added to all delivery orders. Specify the dollar fee in the “Amount” field.
o Charge by Zone: Allows you to vary the flat $ fee based on the customer’s delivery zone. Select the zone, then specify the fee in the ”Amount” field.
o % of total before coupons & tax: The fee is calculated as a % of the order total before any special offers or tax. Enter the % amount in the ”Amount” field.
o % of total after coupons & tax: The fee is calculated as a % of the order total after special offers & tax. Enter the % amount in the ”Amount” field.
- Zone: Let's you manage the zones for your business area if you have implemented the "Charge by Zone" method of delivery charges and diver fees.
To add a new zone, click on the “Add New“ selection from the drop down list.
Type in your zone
Click on the “Submit“ button.
To Delete a zone, click on the “Delete“ button when the zone is selected
- Amount: If you have chosen "Flat Fee" for the delivery charge method you can set that fee amount here.
- Tax Structure: Select a tax structure that will be used for the delivery fee. If left blank the delivery fee will not be taxed.
- Tax Included In Delivery Fee: If checked, tax is not added above the delivery fee specified, however tax will be broken out on reports.
- Exclude Delivery Charge From Labor Sales %: If checked, the amount collected from customers for delivery fees will not be considered a part of sales when calculating labor % on any reports or graphs.
- Mapping: If set to "Active" the system will validate the customer's address upon save.
Tip: If you do not have internet access, set Mapping to "Inactive" to prevent the system from attempting to validate the customer's address.
- Traffic Radius: Controls how many miles from your store the real time traffic checking on the dispatch screen will alert for.
- Display Promise Times: If "Yes" the promise time will be displayed for this order type.
Tip: Promise times calculate average production and deliver times, allowing your employees to give customers an accurate estimate of when their order will arrive
- Minimum Promise Time (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner): Allows you to specify a minimum amount of time that will be displayed when calculating a promise time. No matter what the actual production time is, the promise time will never display as less than the minimum number set here.
- Minimum Drive Time (One Way): This field is used in calculating customer promise times. Current average production time, plus one way drive time are combined to reach the promise time.
- Allow Editing Promise Time: If set to "Yes" a user can change the promise time in 5 minute increments, however cannot select a time less than the minimum promise time.
- Order Is Late After: Allows you to specify the # of minutes to allow before an order is
considered late. Late orders are reported as such and are colored on the
Tip: This is used as an alternative to the promise time feature and s only active if "Display promise time" is set to "No"
- Alert If Promise Time Is Over X Mins Over Default: If the promise time has been extended beyond the default time, an alert will display on the customer edit screen.
- Minimum/Maximum Promise Times: Specify the min/max that system default promise times can be adjusted to.
- Smart Dispatching:
o Match Within X Grids: Indicates to the system how to group recommended deliveries based on the map grid value of the delivery address.
Tip: To prevent the system from pairing; leave this set to 0.
o Match Within X Mins: This will indicate to the system how to group recommended deliveries based on their order type. Deliveries that are going to similar locations will only be paired if their order time is within this value of each other.
o Max of X Orders Per Run: This will indicate to the system the max number of deliveries to match. This will not limit the total number of orders you can manually assign.Enforce: If checked, the max number of orders per run will be enforced at dispatch. Drivers cannot take more than this without returning first.
- Require Driver Start Bank: Allows you to specify whether drivers must assign a starting bank of money to take with them. If set to "yes", the driver may not assign an order until a starting bank has been assigned.
- Default Driver Bank Amount: Specify the amount of starting bank that the driver will be assigned
Security Method: Allows
you to specify how drivers account for their money.
o Require Drop After Each Delivery: Requires the driver to make a drop after each delivery.
o Require Drop At Limit: Requires the driver to make a drop once the specified amount in the “Limit” field is met.
o None: Driver will be able to drop money at any time.
- Reprint Ticket When Assigned: If set to "Yes" a new ticket will reprint at the delivery printer when the delivery is assigned.
- Alert Time For Driver Out Too Long: Set a time that will alert the manager when a driver has not returned after the promised delivery time.
- Expected Delivery Runtime: Allows you to specify the expected average time for a driver to make a delivery that contains 1 or more orders. Enter the round trip time. This will control when a driver is considered late.
- Settle Tickets: Allows you to determine how you want the system to
settle delivery tickets.
o Individually: Requires the driver to go through each ticket, enter the tender amount and type. This ensures that your reports by tender type are correct. Also ensures that tips are accurately reported.
o Automatically: Assumes all delivery orders are settled for cash (or whatever tender was pre-arranged). Tips are not recorded.
o Force Settle at Return: Requires the driver to settle each ticket before another delivery can be assigned.
o Return and Pay: Requires the driver to cash out the order via the tender screen upon returning. The orders will then be “closed”. The driver close shift process will account for tips and driver fees.
- Driver Sort On Clock In:
o First Available: A newly clocked-in driver with 0 total order will be listed above a driver who is available but has already taken orders in that shift.
o Last Available: A newly clocked-in driver will go to the bottom of the list of available drivers.
- Does Driver Keep Tips: If set to "Yes", the system will assume the driver keeps all tips. If "No", the system will include the tip amount in the total money owed to the house at the end of a shift.
- Lead Time: Defaults the deferred "print time" to the selected number on minutes prior to the customer want time. This can be overridden.
- Additional Print Time: If set to "When order is placed" it will print immediately. If set to "Day of order" it lets you specify what time to print.
Tip: There is a setting in Printer Ticket > Options that activates the ability to reprint all deferred orders on demand from the orders screen.
- Printer Locations: Let's you specify what location you want the tickets printed.
- Active Serving Time: If checked, activates a field that will ask you to enter the "Serving Time" for the deferred order, and removes the "print time" fields. This can be used for catering / bakery type orders where delivery may occur in advanced of planned serving time. CAUTION: using this feature will prevent Deferred orders from printing when they are becoming a live order.
- Default Serving Time: If using "serving time" set a default # of minutes for when the item will be served (after delivery)
- Include Deferred Order For Sales/Cash Report On Day Of Order: If checked, any pre-paid pick up or delivery orders which are deferred for the future will report on the day they were ordered. The credit card will process immediately, they will receive and retain a ticket #, and they will not be editable once placed. When they reach their deferred date/time, they will immediately close.
Tip: There is a setting in Printer Ticket > Options that lets you limit the "print when order is placed" to orders due X days in the future or less, when this option is active.
- Fields: Track additional information about a deferred order. For example wedding, birthday, etc. To add a field click on the "Fields" button.
Select from the list or click "Add New" to enter in a field. You can make it Active, Required, Available for Print, and to Display by checking the box.
Got questions you can't find the answer to here? Let us know so we can improve the help system!