Note: Auto gratuity was added to Thr!ve in version 7.8.0
Configure Auto Gratuity:
Navigate to Configuration > Order Types > Table to set up the auto gratuity.
- Auto Gratuity: Specify an automatic tip to be added with parties of X or more people (Be sure to require entering the # of people below). Select Gross (to apply the gratuity to the total before any discounts or coupons) or Net (to apply after discounts or coupons.)
- Does server keep auto gratuity: Allows you to specify if the auto gratuity will be paid to servers with their tips, or if it is retained by the restaurant.
Applying the Auto Gratuity:When you take a table order, and enter the correct # of people, the auto gratuity will automatically apply
- Changing order totals will cause the auto gratuity to update
- Changing the # of people may cause the auto gratuity to be removed
- Splitting the ticket will keep the auto gratuity on the child tickets, even if they are modified.
- Credit card receipts will print with a line that explains the auto gratuity included in the total, and a separate line for additional tip.
- You can add additional tip from the tender screen or the Adjust Tip screen.
- The Auto Gratuity will be included in server close "Tips" if set for server to keep auto gratuity
- The Auto Gratuity will be paid out of register close "Tips" if set for server to keep auto gratuity, for orders closed to the register.
Removing the Auto Gratuity:If you prefer to remove the gratuity for a particular order, you can do so from the Adjust Tips screen.
Touch the X next to the auto gratuity line. Then you can add a different tip amount.
Got questions you can't find the answer to here? Let us know so we can improve the help system!